aloha style:: looking on the bright side



blue tank, lace skirt:: {Forever21}
yellow tank:: {Kohls}
belt:: {Target}
cardigan:: {no idea...}
shoes:: {Payless}
feather ring:: {UE Jewelry}
scrolly ring:: {Blanca Flor, Annapolis}
hand painted necklace:: {coming soon to Hello Hue!}

Ask Chris and he'll tell you that sometimes I can be a pill. Despite my usually sunny outlook, I tend to be the more pessimistic one in our relationship. I worry a recipe will turn out wrong, while he gets excited about adding new ingredients. I complain about not liking Florida, but he thinks fondly on our Hawaiian adventures. I get flustered when plans change, but he looks forward to the new plan. 

So, I do my best to look on the bright side at things. 

For example, it's difficult for me to wear my dresses now that I'm nursing, but a killer skirt and top combo can make me feel just as pretty. 

I'm barely ever alone anymore with this little one around, but I have a captive audience for my made up songs and silly dances. 

We don't get to live in Hawaii for a long time, but we head to Boston next and boy, am I excited for that adventure. 

I get spit up on more often than I'd like these days, but now I actually have an excuse for changing outfits 3 times a day. 

It took me a lot longer than I'd like to find my creativity and start painting again, but I get to start the new year off with a shop opening and I have so many fun products to share with you! 

(Speaking of fun products, thought you might like another peek at the new necklaces coming to the shop! I want to keep them all!) 

How do you look on the bright side? Are you more pessimistic or optimistic? 

PS. I decided to continue titling my personal style posts with "aloha style". I love channeling a little bit of island flavor through my outfits and the bright sunny skies of Hawaii have made a permanent influence on my style. To see more Aloha style posts, go here. 



Comments

  1. I am a pessimist through and through. I hate it! I have to remind myself nobody enjoys the company of a negative nancy. I try always look at the bright side but sometimes the the hard stuff gets the best of me. Sometimes I just need someone to remind me it's not the end of the world. But boy I'm sure a good optimist when it comes to others lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt! I don't think I've ever shopped at Forever 21 but after seeing a few pieces that I love on other blogs, I think I might have to!

    And I think I'm the more pessimistic one in our relationship. I try to be optimistic, but I think I just worry too often about too much! Haha.

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! Especially the ring! I love rings because they can't get tugged or played with by the little one.
    Your attempt at a sunny outlook is lovely :) sometimes it's tough, but it makes things better!
    Also, do you ever do giveaways on blogs?! I'm putting together a combo giveaway for January, and just thought I'd ask.
    Have a lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that skirt. I also can't wait until you open the shop so I can buy one of those beautiful necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boston is a great city! You'll love it :) I live 2 hours away and I love making day trips out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit! You look awesome.
    Until I had a hysterectomy (in 2002)I was the forever optimist - nothing could get me down. But, once I had the surgery, that changed and it kills me. I'm working hard to get back to my normal self, it's been a rough 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's interesting tailoring your outfits to nursing. I still have to do that and she's almost a year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never thought about the wardrobe change that happens with nursing. I learn so much from following your journey! :)

    Yay for the positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're outfit is very suitable for warm weather! It's all big sweaters and boots here! Florida must have amazing weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely the more pessimistic one in my relationship. I wonder if that's usually how it goes - a pessimist ends up with an optimist? I can just imagine two pessimists together would be very depressing.

    Anyway, it is good to still see the bright side. I usually have to stop and check myself before I can turn things around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait? You guys are moving to Boston? When? That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boston!? I am so insanely jealous! If my husband could have stayed in the Marine Corps and be stationed in Boston I'm fairly certain he'd never get out! Boston is the best city ever! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also struggle with trying to see the bright side on things. I work hard on that every day. It's hard for me to focus on the present and not worry about what's gonna happen in the future. "Being in the present" and "enjoying the moment" have been my resolutions this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the color! And love how the necklace looks, can't wait for you to open again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lindsay, your next move will be Boston? I would love to see you when you come here. We live about 20-25 minutes north of Boston! -Sara S.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look soo GREAT sweetie! i love the lace skirt! and yay for boston! btw, i'm totally a pessimist sometimes too...

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm from MA and you will LOVE Boston!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts