black and white and rest all over.


slouchie beanie:: {c/o fountaintop creations}
gingham button-down:: {old navy}
watch:: {c/o feral watches}
jeans:: {american eagle}
booties:: {target}



Since we got home last week from Hawaii, I've been hiding out in our house, barely taking a look in the mirror, definitely not wearing make-up, and enjoying the chance to ease into our normal routine. And outfits I've worn have been, like this one, incredibly simple and comfort centered. 

It's been a great way to ease into the new year-- this slow transition back to normal life. I've been seeing all kinds of posts about goals for 2014, resolutions, and the like. And admittedly, my brain has been wandering that direction a lot this week. But at the same time, I'm trying to take the month of January as a time of rest. Rest from a hectic vacation (yes that's a thing), rest from a busy blog schedule, rest from feeling like I'm not on top of things because I've only just started to think about new artwork for the shop. I can't wait for what this fresh new year will bring, but for now, I'm excited to hunker down, make lots of lists, gather supplies, and hit the ground running come February 1. 

And in fairly related news, the shop is open today! There's nothing new in there now, but I've got at least one pretty new product coming in a week or two, plus a really fun collaboration to share with you next month. 

Comments

  1. January is indeed for resting! (says the mama on the couch in yoga pants sipping hot chocolate during blissful, blissful nap time)

    beccagarber.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cute casual look! I know the feeling, trying to recover a bit this January. What a whirlwind the holidays were! Can't wait to see what you have cooking for the shop, but no rush :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on resting in January! Of course I am the opposite in a way since I am taking a break from my shop and am looking forward to blogging more. :) I do want to open up my shop again with everything ready to ship instead of made-to-order. It will take some work!

    I hope you enjoy your break and get plenty of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely casual look! welcome back, but i am sure you miss Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was Hawaii? Anything new that I shouldn't miss?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute relaxed outfit! and I love the photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some of your pics from HI and was so glad you and the fam got to go back! Your outfits are always super cute and comfort is a definite perk. =) Luv ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite looks!! Something I would wear. I so want those jeans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts