baby girl nursery inspiration

Before last Monday night, I didn't really let myself start brainstorming a space for this girl, or think about the sweet ruffles that might fill her closet, or what fun we would have together. Even though I had an inkling that this baby was a girl,  I didn't want to get my expectations stuck on something and then have to about-face and start all over again. 


So once we found out, I barreled ahead with the day-dreaming. There is already an image in my heart of what she's gonna look like, and I can't wait to see if it's right or wrong. My dream nursery for her came together in about 30 minutes while watching Grey's Anatomy on the couch and surfing my favorite spots on the web. 




I bought the Pamela print by Michelle Armas (one of my very favorite artists) several months ago and it's brightening a spot in my studio right now. I picked the Pamela one, not only because it was beautiful, but that's also my mom's name, so it was a bit of a no-brainer. The nursery is loosely based around that print-- with a big focus on using those bits of turquoise and gold. 

I am not really a fan of the "princess-y" themes of many nurseries, but what better place to bring in some trendy metallic gold than in a baby girl's nursery?! I am in LOVE with this sunburst mirror from The Land of Nod, and the gold foil prints found in Lara Casey's shop. 

Since we already own the turquoise overdyed rug from Rugs USA, I know that it's a gorgeous teal/turquoise hue and would look awesome under a gray glider and all kinds of scattered baby toys. Plus, I think the variations in the color would do well to hide any sorts of spills or stains that might (ahem, will) happen. 

Of course, both these pillows and the colorful fabric letters from Anthropologie are kind of superfluous, but would add a rich and playful touch nonetheless. 

And finally, for midnight diaper changes, this lamp from The Land of Nod, (or this one!) would be perfect perched on a little bookshelf. 

I'm excited to see how her nursery turns out in real life once we actually start working on it. I think a fun part of creating a space is taking lofty inspiration and turning it into a tangible project. 

We're still hashing out where to put her, and might have to end up flipping a coin if we can't agree. Chris wants to take over my studio with a master bedroom, but I'm hesitant to be on a different floor from the kids (mostly for those nighttime feedings-- who wants to navigate stairs while half asleep?!) I've also suggested creating a little office nook for him in our current bedroom, but not sure how that would work out. I'm curious-- do you sleep on a different floor from your kids? Or do you share your master bedroom with an office space? There are a lot of options on the table! 

Psstt... to see more of my nursery inspiration, follow me on Pinterest and check out my board, "baby girl's room"

Oh,and to see my inspiration post for Si's boyish adventure themed nursery, click here.  And to see how his nursery turned out, click here. 



Comments

  1. LOVE the gold - oh it's going to be precious!! excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has his office space in our room and we like it because when he has to work late, I stay up and we catch up on our July shows :) this is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I think the bedroom/office combo might be our best bet. As long as I want to keep our studio, that is! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The colors are gorgeous!

    I've decided when I have a kid one day that I won't find out the gender, simply because I don't want a ton of pale pink, princess stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I just re-did my art studio in these colors, I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors, we can just imagine all this beauty in baby girl's nursery!

    xo

    www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors! The rug and painting are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Michelle Armas print is gorgeous! She was just featured in Trouve Magazine - her home is so pretty. I can't wait to see what all this inspiration turns into for your little lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts