stream of consciousness.

I don't have many deep thoughts these days. Maybe it's a result of running after a toddler all day, or maybe winter is sucking my brain dry. It might even be that after 4 years of blogging, I've finally just given myself permission to not be thinking of new blog posts constantly. For whatever reason, I'm relating more and more with 'stream of consciousness' posts-- the ramblings of busy moms, wives, artists all over the blog world.

Here are some thoughts in my noggin this week.

Chris has been talking about our next big travel adventure. My vote (per usual) is for Europe-- specifically Paris or Rome where we can wander the city streets and take in the romantic views. His vote (and the one that is more likely to win out) is somewhere in South America. He wants to add another continent to his travel log. I'd go for Peru, but I know embarrassingly little about South America, so I bet there are a ton of places with good food and gorgeous sights. Who knows when we'll ever make it there, but given our love for travel, I have a feeling it'll be some time in the next year or two. 




On a oppositely mundane note, I can never seem to keep matching socks on Silas. It doesn't bother me in the slightest when he wears two different socks, except that I'm not sure why I didn't just buy 6 packs of the same color and eliminate that issue altogether. #boringmomthoughts

I could talk all day about how ready I am for winter to be over, but I'll just say this-- I'm so sick of the snot. 



When we moved into our home, we knew that we were being blessed with more than enough space for our little family, and it's been a constant prayer that God would allow us to us this place for His glory. It's been a challenge, and it's been awkward at times, but a really beautiful lesson to us in having a loose hand with 'our' things, since ultimately, they aren't ours anyway. 

Chris surprised me with flowers and a dinner reservation for our favorite French restaurant last night. After 8 years together, he's finally figured out my love language-- butter. 




Comments

  1. I love your ramblings.... I've been in quite a funk lately! Winter hasn't helped... Ready for warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ramblings, and yes, yes yes! Butter! So sweet for your husband to care for you like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for sunshine either! Happy Valentines tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visit Chile! I'm 100% bias since I'm from there but it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love to hear more! May have to pick your brain when we come to that decision!

      Delete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts