style blogger confessions


slouchy hat:: {c/o fountain top creations}
white tee:: {target}
kimono:: {c/o lulu's}
watch:: {c/o feral watches}
jeans:: {american eagle}
socks:: {old navy}
wedges:: {payless}


This hat has barely left my noggin since it arrived in the mail last week. I fear that I may have dreds showing up soon. It's the best thing that ever happened to this mama who is lucky to wash her hair every other day (is that gross? How often do you wash your hair?) Mary from Fountain Top Creations has an adorable shop filled not only with slouchy hats, but the most adorable hats for little kiddos and some incredibly awesome knit scarves. This is the comfiest thing I've worn on my head and if you want to snag one for yourself, use the code HELLOHUE15 at checkout for 15% off! 

Confession #2: I didn't actually wear this outfit all day. I may have only worn it for the pictures. (don't stone me!) Truthfully, I've been bundled up in leggings, Chris' fleece, and this hat all weekend and that is most definitely not anything to post about. I put this outfit together and immediately thought how fun it would be to wear for a casual Thanksgiving dinner. We might be hosting some people at our house and I think this may just be my outfit of choice. I love the contrast of the cozy knit hat with the silky kimono. Style blogger faux paus, I know- to wear an outfit for pictures' sake-- but does it count if it's my new favorite outfit?!

And finally, let's talk about sponsors. Specifically, that c/o stuff above. It stands for "courtesy of" and means that I received product from a small business or company in exchange for sharing it with you. What's cool about that is that yes, I get free stuff, but it also really excites me to introduce you to companies and handmade businesses that you may not already have heard of. You and I both know that you don't need any of the products I share on here-- but dressing cute is such a fun part of being a woman and if I can help you feel great by introducing you to some sponsors I love, then I'm a happy girl. 

Here's my promise to you-- sponsors on this blog will never change my style or voice. I'm picky about who I bring onto the blog, because I want to remain true to myself and true to you, my readers. Rest assured, you won't find me wearing Valentino Rockstuds anytime soon. Unless they make some that I can rock with peanut-butter covered leggings. 




                                                

Comments

  1. I've been eyeballing that kimono for forever now! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gross at all! My hair is super thick, so I find I only need to wash every few days (I think it's better for your hair if you can manage). The outfit is awesome- I love the colours. And the hat is pretty fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honesty is AWESOME! And thank you! I confess that sometimes I photoshop my tired eyes. And unless it's a Sunday, most of my blog outfits get swapped for sweats as soon as I get home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate that you are being honest about some things being sponsored things. A lot of bloggers don't disclose that anymore these days and that makes me sad :(

    I often replicate outfits that I wore to a party or to school on the weekends solely for photos. Because weekends are for sweatpants and leggings and we all know that!

    xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this. And of course your confessions. So awesome. ;)

    I hope your week is going wonderfully. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute outfit! Oh and I wash my hair 2 times a week even when I work out 4 times a week! I just swear by my favorite dry shampoo and keep on rollin'! Of course, if I had cute short hair like yours I might spend more time. Mine is long and thick and I don't always have time for a wash & dry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts