all about instagram :: my most-loved photo editing apps

Today we're kicking off the first official post of the new Instagram series! There are tons of apps out there to help you take, edit, and beautify your photos. Below are my top four apps, all of which I use on a weekly, if not daily, basis.




Afterlight -- (99 cents, available for iphone only) I use this app to edit every photo that I post on Instagram. I'll go over my editing process in another post, but my favorite filter is Russ at 50%. This app is completely worth the .99-- it's what I use to post non-square photos (like if I post a photo from my DSLR and want to keep it's original proportions). They also recently added some gorgeous wallpapers and new seasonal apps as well. I love that I can bump up the exposure to get an airer feel to a photo and there are many different crop and frame options (including circles and letters of the alphabet!)






TimerCam -- (free, iphone only, I think) It would be really nice if the camera on our phones had a timer, but for some reason, it does not. This is where Timercam saves the day. I use this most often for selfies (another topic soon to be discussed!), group photos and family photos. I like that you can set it for 5, 10, 15 or 30 seconds and it counts down if my ringer is turned on (which always catches Silas' attention for pics!).






Diptic-- (99 cents, iphone and android) This app gives you tons of options for making photo collages. It's simple and easy to use. Thumbs up from me.



A Beautiful Mess-- ( 99 cents, iphone only) I use this app least of all. As you can tell below, I use it mostly for announcements about shop stuff. I really prefer to let my photos do the talking, so if I do add graphics, (like on the ice cream one below), it's really minimal. The app has lots of graphics, fonts, and borders. It's fun to play around with for sure.

















So those are my most-loved apps. I have other apps in my Photography folder (like Snapseed, Camera + and Pic Stitch), but I rarely use those.

I'd love to hear about your favorite photo editing apps! Got some that we need to hear about?

Comments

  1. Awesome! I think I may need to get the Afterlight app. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VSCO and Rhonna Designs are my top 2. And Squaready and Over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am really excited about this series. I use three out of the four apps you listed, and will be downloading TimerCam as soon as I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahhhh!!! i wish i had an iphone!!! :( still on android over here and my camera is poor too.. sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! VSCO is a must-have. Film emulsion style filters and great editing functions. Afterlight is wonderful too!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. When are they going to get a picmonkey app, that is what I'd like to know! I upload a lot of my camera photos to dropbox, edit them in pickmonkey, and then use my phone to IG them. But I'd love to be able to do most of that from my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, great line up of apps! afterlight is my all time fave. it's really all that i need!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just downloaded the timer one! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use afterlight a lot and I love Rhonna Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Over and Snapseed are my favorite camera apps right now. I just downloaded the timer app. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saving this! Afterlight sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just purchased "Over" and am in love with all of the fonts they offer! However, I keep finding myself using the same one all the time. I need to branch out. haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had not heard of afterlight, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instagram is also my favorite photo editing apps that I really like most and without having instagram I cannot think to edit my photos anymore. So thanks a lot :)

    Photoshop clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  15. My wife used PaintShop Pro to edit photos for Instagram but there is better solution for MAC, you can look for them and download from macphun.com there are a lot of professional solutions, sure you'll find there some great photo editing App for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. business card template ideas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts