drinking from the stream of grace.




I posted this photo of our messy bedroom to Instagram yesterday during a naptime where I just felt like I was getting nothing done, and I was so upset with myself. Like so many of you, I juggle the roles of wife, mama, blogger and shop keeper and sometimes it feels like all of those proverbial balls are just rolling around on the floor while I stand there completely befuddled. 


I have orders to package, but oops, ran out of packaging supplies. Such a bad shop owner. 

Silas ate a peanut butter sandwich for lunch again, and nothing else. I'm an awful mom. 

I'm way too attached to my phone and Chris and I both know it. What a crappy wife, I am. 

I haven't blogged all week, but I'm not sure anyone actually misses me. 

These are honest thoughts that haunt me many days of the week and I'll tell you what-- they are not of Jesus. These thoughts flood my brain and heart when I'm relying on my own strength to be the perfect wife, mama, blogger, etc. They are most poisonous right after a day or two of feeling like I've got my stuff together and 'aren't I awesome at this?!" Today, I'm going back to Jeremiah 17, where I'm told
 "Cursed is the man (or woman!) who trusts in man,who depends on flesh for his strength... but blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes..."
I'm drinking from that stream of grace this morning, embracing the mess (somewhat) and loving on my boys as best as I can.

And you? You're doing a great job, girl. Right where you are, in the mess, in the craziness. 



Comments

  1. I miss you when you don't write! And thank you for the reminder, because I'm feeling a little hard on myself this morning, too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsey, I can't tell you how often thoughts like this creep in for me. It's so hard to not give in to those lies. When they creep in, I try to remind myself that believing lies, empowers the liar. Be encouraged! God is good. He loves you. He values you. No. Matter. What.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was a particularly rough day of letting mama doubts and office icks creep in! Thank you for reminding me to drink in God's grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always appreciate when bloggers share their hearts. it's so easy to think that everyone has it all together when you go by instagram pictures and blog posts! but i think most of us are where you are right now quite often! :) thank you for your honesty and hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE all have those moments... U may call it chaos, others would think u are lucky to be busy and in demand.. Next time u feel this way, just breathe, and sleep! or indulge yourself.. give yourself the afternoon off... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just moved and finished unpacking. so the mess is all mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. its true. so hard on ourselves. thanks for your honesty. It is so challenging to juggle it all. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts