behind the scenes of our home tour.

Today, over on Life Made Lovely, I'm sharing some of our favorite rooms in our home! I know many of you have been asking me about a home tour for awhile, so hop on over and check it out. There is still quite a bit I haven't shared, but I hope to post more rooms on here as we work on them. 



Here are a few behind-the-scenes tidbits, lest the pictures give you a false sense of perfection.


I know it's easy to look at these pictures and see a neat, uncluttered room and be impressed. Don't be too impressed. Behind the camera, I assure you, there were piles of random clutter that I cleared from the tabletops. I'm constantly shoving things in drawers when guests come over. 

The night before I took the pictures, I was up in my studio, pulling an all-nighter (which means I was up until 11pm, ha!). I started by just organizing a few shelves with some IKEA supplies I had bought earlier that day, but it turned into a 'pull everything out and purge it all!" kind of night. My studio has never been more organized, and I doubt it will stay that way, but for now, it's refreshing.

If some of the pictures had audio, you would hear Silas in the background throwing a temper tantrum. My guess would be it was about something like I wouldn't let him pour his milk out on the floor. 

Several of the pieces of art hung in my studio are held up with packaging tape. Desperate times... 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures and getting a glimpse into our home and decorating style. Head over to Heather's blog and get the full tour! Happy weekend! 




Comments

  1. I love the little nook for Silas! I'd crawl in it myself...Your lyric painting is gorgeous... and even better that YOU made it.. here I thought you have purchased it... gorgeous home!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decor is gorgeous. It's really inspiring me to get on getting my house decorated in the way I want it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're darling. Way to be yourself, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the behind-the-scenes. Your house is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just happened to stumble on your blog and i'm loving it! your space looks so bright + cheery, it made me smile seeing all the vibrant colors. i am LOVING your studio! you've inspired me to tidy up my home this weekend :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Emily! Welcome, and thanks for reading! Glad you found me! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the desk in your studio - where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! The legs are from IKEA and the top is a slab of wood from the lumber department at Home Depot.

      Delete
  7. I love how honest and open you are! It would be so easy to leave everyone thinking your home was in perfect order all the time, but in reality we all know we have little piles of clutter waiting to be organized. Sometimes we can get so overwhelmed by the pressure to have our homes look like Home and Garden magazine covers! I love your home, it's so cheerful and bright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky! Yeah, I by no means want anyone to think that our house is always this neat and tidy. I wish it was, but with a toddler around who gets into my tupperware drawers, dresser drawers, etc., it often looks like a tornado went through!

      Delete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts