it's the little things:: home again

Happy Friday, friends! Each week that we do this link-up, I'm reminded just how blessed we are. Thanks for joining me in this exercise each week!

Here are my little things for the week.

(You'll have to forgive weird collection of photos this week. Apparently I ran out of space on my Blogger account? So I'm using some oldies cuz I can't stand a post without photos!)


Watching Si learn new things. I've said this before, but gosh, it's fun. He's learned so much in the past few weeks and it's amazing to just sit and watch him figure things out. He's started grabbing at his toys (and my eyeballs and hair and shirt.), blowing bubbles (which is the most hilarious thing to listen to) and is *this* close to rolling over. I feel privileged to watch his little brain cells hard at work.


Getting back in my studio again. I'm painting like a mad woman and loving it. At the moment, my fingers are covered in paint and it makes me feel like "me" again. The shop should be open soon and I can't wait to share everything I've been working on with you! (More on that next week!)


Cooking at home. After a few weeks away and a lot of time on the road eating out, it's more than exciting to be in our own kitchen again, whipping up tasty meals. We made tilapia piccata last night and have homemade barbecue chicken on the menu for this weekend. Hoping to share our barbecue sauce recipe with you soon!

Other random little things making me smile--  footie pajamas on my little boy, sneaking Christmas carols on Pandora (Chris refuses to listen to them before December starts!) and a tall glass of chocolate milk each day.

What about you? Got any "little" (or big!) things making your week? Post on your blog and link below!


party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4.  Please make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.). 










Comments

  1. Just linked up! Your tacos looked SO good!!! Recipe?! Si is just so cute. He reminds me of my Luke, who was born the day before Si (on August 9th)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, thanks for linking up! Shrimp taco recipe is here:: http://www.hellohue.com/2011/10/recipe-for-you-fire-lime-shrimp-tacos.html

      You will thank me. :) It's one of my favorite meals.

      And hooray for August babies!

      Delete
  2. You look so happy with that paintbrush in hand! And dinner looks yummy! Hmmmm, might be time to think about lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are painting again! I can't wait to see what pops up in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great mamma! The recipe looks fabulous, I'm going to grab it to make later ;) You look just so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am about to run out of space as well. Are you going to buy more space? I'm not sure what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This just happened to me last night and I was so bummed! I asked my friend about it since she's been blogging longer than me and she said that you can make a new gmail account, and add that address to be an author in your blogger settings. Does that make sense? If you can't figure it out let me know and I'd be more than willing to help you out! :)
      Maria

      Delete
  6. !!! I am SO excited you're painting again, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hear ya on the cooking at home front --ESPECIALLY after eating out lots. we are gearing up for the eating out part. ;/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ran out of space on my blogger account this week too...fishy! I don't know what to do now...I don't want to delete old posts?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have run out of space on my blogger account. My blog only has 100 posts. Something has to be going on. I'm excited to check out your new designs when you open up your shop again. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ran out of space on mine too! Must be something new that's happened - so weird. I think I've found a backdoor way of uploading pictures to my Google+ account and then I seem to be able to pick them up from there - still very strange though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay - easy peasy way to not have to change much, just the place you load your pictures on but your blog will still look the same :)
    Instead of uploading the pictures straight to blogger, upload them to photobucket; it's free, no limit (although you can only upload 1g per day). Then just copy the html from photobucket for that picture/s, when you're writing a new post click on the edit html tab, input the code, back to compose, and voila! Magic. And you don't need to delete any posts or having boring pictureless posts either. Plus your photos are now backed up onto photobucket. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts