oh baby:: one month



Ok, I may have gone a little overboard with the photos today. But I honestly just couldn't choose a few.  Plus, I want to remember every expression he's making at this one month mark. I learned my lesson early on about capturing his little milestones and details. His newborn cry was the sweetest thing I've ever heard. When he'd get worked up, he'd making this adorable "uh-huh, uh-huh" sound and it would instantly make me laugh. I still wish I had recorded it because I didn't realize how quickly his cry would change. 

Anyway, my baby turned one month yesterday. I can't believe it's been a month since I became a mama. In some ways, I feel like it came so naturally. He fits into our life so seamlessly. In other ways, I'm still reeling from all the changes and adjustments. We're finally getting into a rhythm around the house. Being a mom is hard and exhausting and stressful and beautiful. 

Silas is changing and learning so much. 

He's starting to smile in response to our baby talking. He's cooing more too. 

He's so much more alert and awake during the day and we can tell that he's starting to notice the world around him more. He stares at the light coming in the window and is captivated by the toy hanging from his bouncy seat. 

He takes a bottle like a champ (hallelujah!) which allows me to get out of the house on my own a bit. 

He has a love/ hate relationship with a pacifier and only takes it every now and then. 

He's nursing great too and is getting so big. Can't wait to see his one month stats at his appointment tomorrow.

He pretty much rocks. 

Comments

  1. Oh my he is soooo cute! What a special time for your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...his cuteness is just too much! Love seeing all his different expressions, so precious! I'd blow the pics up on stretched canvas of the one of the two of you....so cute! Maybe get Chris to do the same pose and then one with all three of you...the possibilities are endless on the adorable wall art you could create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he has changed a lot, I can see your husband in his eyes, he is 1 beautiful baby boy,,thank you for sharing the pictures with us,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I love all his different faces and expressions! I agree he rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's the perfect blend of you and Chris. Such a beautiful boy. I wish you were still here so I could squish him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. his eyes, are just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So handsome. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe its been a month already... the 3rd pic is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. His smile is so cute! I love all the expressions you caught!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is absolutely adorable, Lindsay!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful so cute so precious enjoy every moment with him
    it goes so fast, mine is 15 months and the time just flew

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is really adorable! How on earth can you get anything done with that face begging for sweet kisses all day?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hes precious. enjoy every moment cause they change and grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He has so many facial expressions!! So so sweet :) You look great (and totally not over-tired), p.s.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so cute! enjoy every little minute never meant more than right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is so so so cute! So happy for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. is it not INSANE how quickly they change? and then they're three and your head is spinning. glad you're doing your best to take it all in. also, his little old man receding hairline is really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HE IS ADORABLE!!! Didn't that month fly by!! My twins have just turned one and I don't know where the time went!!

    www.twinsplusonemumma.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can never put up too many pictures! =) He is just so cute and I love seeing his smiling face here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for letting us into this part of your lives! He's super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, he's so cute Lindsay!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bless his soul, he is so darling!

    http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your baby is so cute!!! I just LOVE the picture with 1 month text on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful boy! All the best to you in these exhaustingly wonderful early days :)

    http://loverlysheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sweet! And I can relate to what you are feeling. I felt like Motherhood swooped up and kicked me in the stomach, pushed me down, and then knocked the wind out of me. (Too dramatic?) I just super wasn't prepared for the adjustment! I kept thinking over and over, why didn't anyone tell me that this is what it is like? But, I also discovered that Motherhood was so beautiful and amazing and my baby was so precious and delicious. It is so hard and it is so awesome. Sometimes my mind can't figure out which emotion to feel. But, it is helping me grow, and my sweet baby's love is so INCREDIBLE. Keep up the nursing! I feel like it is one of my greatest achievements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my goodness, he is the cutest little thing! my favorite one is the one on the right where you're looking at him; so sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. these are the cutest pictures! eeek - i can't believe it's been one month already!

    ReplyDelete
  28. One month already?! Holy man that flew by. Cute little bugger you've got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. He's so precious. Love those little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts