sushi party.





While at my parents' house, I discovered a dusty sushi making kit that had been gifted to my little brother and sister for Christmas. They hadn't gotten around to using it yet so we declared that a sushi making party was in order! 

My little bro's girlfriend and sister's fiance came over and the kitchen filled with yummy aromas and a bit of chaos. We made sushi rice (kind of complicated the first time around) and deep fried panko crunchy shrimp (time consuming, but so easy and delicious!) and chopped up fresh avocado, cucumber and imitation crab. We also snagged some spicy sauce from our favorite sushi restaurant for a more authentic flavor. 

Holy moly, was it yummy! Chris and I are already scheming our next sushi party. First, we should probably work on making some friends here. Then again, maybe not. I wouldn't mind keeping all that sushi to myself. 


  lindsay


Comments

  1. I would so come to a sushi party,,but if you want to go out to some good sushi I can direct you in 2 places over by me,,now you got me hungry for sushi,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I tried Sushi for the first time just a couple of weeks ago, for Brians brothers birthday! It was suprisingly good! That's neat that you made it yourself though!

    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! Shrimp tempura rolls are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! i'm drooling right now, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm... I'm not the world's biggest sushi fan, but that looks like SO much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so fun and delicious! I've been dying to try sushi for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun and yummmmmmy! i want to come to your sushi party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks yummy! me and my husband love to make sushi too.....i like your blog! following now

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are super cute! and now i'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making sushi!!!! Its so easy, and fun:):) Plus i like being able to control the amounts of what goes into the rolls so they are perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy! making sushi is actually pretty easy but I agree, the rice can be difficult. looks like you had fun and you are looking good, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts