aloha style:: celebration!

I had a beautiful, wonderful day yesterday with some of my favorite people to celebrate my one year shop anniversary!

Krynn, her sweet girl, Audrey and I hit up Hokulani Bakery for some celebration cupcakes! 



tee:: {old navy}
necklace:: {handmade by a friend}
belt:: {i dunno}
shorts:: {target}
sandals:: {payless}

Later in the day, I got a little bit dolled up and Chris and I went out to eat at our very favorite Indian restaurant here on the island. It was quite the celebratory feast-- I was so full, I was in pain the rest of the night. But it was worth it for that delicious naan, lamb bhuna and rose-water lassi! I was busy talking about travel dreams with my love so I didn't get any pictures at dinner, but here's how I transitioned my day time outfit into a date outfit. 



tee:: {old navy} 
belt:: {forever21}
skirt {actually a dress, spool72}
(see it as a dress here!)
shoes:: {payless}
earrings:: {blanca flor, annapolis}
ring:: {bought in spain}

Oh, and yes, I got a little chop. And some bangs, which I wasn't sure about, but am now loving. I was so unsure that I almost cried in the chair when I saw how short they were. But I'm getting used to them now and am loving my new look. Just needed something different and some short bangs were just the key. Chris tells me at least three times a day that he loves my bangs, so yeah, we like 'em. ;)


Hey don't forget-- you still have a few more hours to take advantage of my One Year Anniversary sale! All 6x6 Cuties are $5 off (no coupon needed) the rest of the shop is 20% off with the code ONEYEAR20 at checkout. 

You can also enter to win a 6x12 painting by commenting on the post below! Giveaway ends tonight! 


 Linking up with Lindsey! 


lindsay

Comments

  1. oh my goodness - love the cupcakes, love your second outfit, your haircut, and oh, yes, YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to share how to change the dress into a skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfits!! and those cupcakes...mmmm!!! I want one! Happy Anniversary on having your shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to know how you make a dress into a skirt w/out it getting all bunched up in the waist. I'm inept in figuring it out. Its a great outfit!

    Loving the bangs. You look really good with them! And not 12 at all!! ;)

    Emily w/Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh LOVE so much in this post! your outfit, your bangs, the cupcakes, the pics!! congrats again lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. u sure know how to change up an outfit! love the dress.. wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much love the shirt/dress/skirt/belt thing you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the versatile look!!! And the bangs look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the green on you! The skirt and belt add just the perfect touch : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovin' that belt! :) and, yeah, how did you get that dress to look like a skirt??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cupcakes are so yummy.

    I love your hair, but I understand the feeling of wanting to cry at first. I've cried over my hair many, many, many times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love love your outfits!! Not only are they incredibly adorable but they are also affordable!
    You've been my style icon for some time now, I just love your use of colors!
    Also, loving the new haircut!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit. I really love it with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks amazing! I really like it! You've always looked good with short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with that skirt/dress and belt! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You wear the cutest, most colorful outfits!!

    Glad you guys had a good celebration..def something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so gorgeous! I love Indian, isn't it amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lindsay, I stumbled on your blog from reading Ilene's, and I just want to say -- you are so cute and fun! I love your posts and paintings. Congrats on one year of your shop! I just opened mine in June (mysistershopechest) and I'm hoping I can make it to one year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute haircut! :) You look great in green and I love your dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your new haircut lady, I think it really suits you and the bangs add some depth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the second outfit is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful outfit and I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the swoop bang! Chopping the hair is a big change, but I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous outfit!! Looking for an awesome Indian restaurant on the island, which one did you go to? Thank you (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts