Plans for the Future.

I told you about Prophetic Art in this post a few months ago. Well, I haven't been able to go for a few weeks, but I went to another class this weekend and I'm so glad I did. I was a little reluctant because of the great frustration and negativity I am having towards my painting classes and my art in general these days. But I knew that this class would be different than the others. And it sure is. What an encouragement that class is. From the people in the class (several of whom are dear friends in our mini-church) to our teacher who is so very good at finding something he likes in each painting, to the uplifting worship music playing in the background, it was such a refreshing painting time today. So, here's what I painted (in just an hour time frame, so it's not as polished as I'd like):

Sorry for the bad quality picture. I was rushing to take a picture to show Chris earlier. 

I painted a broken watch because I feel like something I struggle with so often is this notion of "my time". I have certain plans for my life and I want them to play out exactly how I picture them. But God says, 'No, they'll play out how I have planned them and in that way, they will be perfect.' 

For example, I often say to friends that my only career goal is to be a mom and it seems like these days, everyone from my very best friend to the strangers whose blogs I read are pregnant! And I'm struggling with feeling a bit left behind ( though still excited for all my preggo buddies). Chris and I are not even trying and we've both agreed that we want to wait before starting a family but I still struggle with that sense of feeling like I want to control my life on my terms instead of God unfolding His plans for us on His terms. 

So, the broken watch is representative of God smashing my idea of 'my' time and replacing it with His time and His plans, which are far more perfect than my own. So now it's sitting on my shelf in my living room as a reminder to "chill out" and let God do His thing. 


"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

  1. Soooo the image I needed today too! Thank you for letting the Holy Spirit always speak through you. Very blessed to have you as a friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linds...I needed that reminder. Struggling with those plans myself :( Thanks for keepin' it real! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an encouraging post. Remembering to honor God's timing in our lives can be difficult. I am challenged by this everyday...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts