At Just the Right Time

Before Chris left on deployment, we visited the Navy Exchange for some essentials. While there, he left me sitting outside on the lanai for about 45 minutes while he 'bought me a deployment present'. When we got home, he made me go into the bathroom while he hid it in the house. I waited for him to present it to me at the right time before he left. But he never did. And then, when I searched every nook and cranny in the house that weekend, I found nothing (that's not true--I found sweet notes hidden around the house, but no present!)

So, I emailed Chris and said,  "WHERE'S MY PRESENT??". Well, I said it a little nicer but just asked if I had missed a hint somewhere. He replied in his usual way, "I have my resources, you'll get your present at the right time." And so I waited.


I found a note from the florist on my front door and these flowers on my back porch table yesterday afternoon. He arranged months ahead of time to have them sent to the house on my birthday (He did the same thing for Valentine's Day!). Attached was a sweet note. 

Seeing his handwriting on that note and the flowers he picked out just for me made him feel just a little bit closer for my birthday. 





Comments

  1. What an awesome hubby you have!!! That is so truly sweet!! Hope your birthday was fantastic... I too am wild about birthdays, especially mine!! So I totally understand. :-)

    And I loved, loved your pics from Japan... made me so happy that you got to have that time together. And how awesome to have the opp to experience the culture there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are such troopers! reading your blog always renews my sense of wonder and excitement that i get to spend my days with daniel... for the rest of our lives. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts