delia's nursery tour!







Back in January, I got an email from an editor at Pregnancy and Newborn magazine. She told me that she had found me via Instagram and that she'd love to feature Delia's nursery in the upcoming July issue. I just about burst from excitement after reading her email, and shot her a note back right away saying , "YES! We'd love that!" The next thing I did was to text my friend, Ruth, and ask her if she'd be willing to take some pictures of the nursery for me. She agreed, and came over the next week to snap some pictures. 

The pictures she took are so bright and airy- I just love Ruth's shooting style. And if you grab a July issue of Pregnancy and Newborn, you can see her photos and Delia's nursery in print! 

You can see the original inspiration board for D's room in this post here, and I think it turned out pretty close to the inspiration! I didn't want a room that was so girly or babyish that it couldn't transition into other uses. I also am not a big fan of nurseries that are so crowded with art, toys and decor that your mind can't rest. My goal was to keep it simple, colorful and playful. 

We did a few DIYs for her room-- a few paintings, the fabric garland behind her bed, and the IKEA rocker. We used this tutorial to change the IKEA wingback chair into a rocker. Chris actually put it together while I was still in the hospital after Delia's birth, and created a pretty little nursing nook for us in our bedroom. It was a sweet moment coming home to find he had been working behind the scenes to create that for us. 

One of my favorite parts of the room is the abstract painting I created before Delia was born. It was one of my first attempts at abstract, and I was so surprised that it turn out the way it did. There was something so sacred, almost, about painting for that sweet unborn babe. I hope she loves it for years to come-- I can see it hanging above her toddler bed, or even in her dorm room in college. 

A few people have asked me about the rug in her room. It's the same one that is in our back screened-in porch--I bought it again for her room because I love it so much. Not only is it gorgeously vibrant, but it's soft enough to play on without having a high pile that attracts all kinds of dust and dirt. Also, it's completely affordable, which is hard to find with a great rug! 

These pictures are from back in February, so obviously Delia has grown quite a bit, and the room has changed just slightly. I moved that teal mirror over to the wall behind the chair, and added a few Instagram prints from Artifact Uprising of Delia and her daddy and brother. You can see that set up on Instagram here. Other than that, it's all stayed pretty much the same, and we love how bright and happy her space is. 

Photography by: Ruth Eileen Photography


Sources: wingback chair:: IKEA // round pillow:: Urban Outfitters // patterned pillow:: Ash + Anchor // quilt :: Kirtley Michelle // white table:: Target // painting:: me // "delia" hoop:: Merriweather Council // kraft "d" (painted gold by me):: Land of Nod // "Let Your Light Shine" print:: Linen + Ink// "Amen" print:: Lara Casey // "I love you more" painting:: me // wire basket (painted gold by me) :: TJ Maxx // headband hanger:: IKEA // various headbands from ElliaMay Designs, Vivie + Ash, Lemons + Lace // pink + gold polka dot dress:: SallySarah Design // changing pad cover:: Land of Nod //dresser:: IKEA// knobs:: Anthropologie// rug:: RugsUSA // ottoman:: Target // sheepskin:: IKEA // striped basket:: HomeGoods// blanket:: Luck and Lollie:: teal mirror:: HomeGoods


Comments

  1. Wow!, U do have a way w/color!.. Your children are so lucky to have a creative mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love how bright it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea to use dress pant hangers to hold prints. I'm in the process of trying to finish up our nursery. Might have to borrow that idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts