hello hue pop-up shop!

This past winter, I decided to close my Etsy shop for the foreseeable future. After some time adjusting to life with two littles, it was time to let some things go in order to focus better on Silas and Delia. Keeping the shop open was making me more anxious than anything--I constantly felt obligated to update the shop with fresh listings, come up with new product ideas, and of course, get ordered packaged and shipped in time. I was only getting a few orders a week, so all that stress and work wasn't really worth it for me. The artwork part of it ceased being fun for me, and so, I closed up shop.

I haven't regretted it once, and all the extra time I've gained from closing the shop has allowed me the freedom to get into my studio just to paint and play around. I got to experiment with different things I've always wanted to try, and in the meantime I discovered a style that felt more like "me" than anything I've ever painted before. Bright, colorful, free abstracts.





But as much as I've enjoyed painting just for painting's sake, I have missed sending my art out to live on your walls. So, I'm trying something new.

On July 6th (one week from today!), I'll be opening up a new shop on BigCartel, which will be open for five days only. There will be a limited number of original works-- all acrylic on canvas.  I'll also have a small number of hand-painted necklaces on mahogany pendants in the same style. There will also be two custom spots-- where you can choose your colors and canvas size, and I'll create a piece just for you.

I'm so excited for this, and I hope it's successful. If it is, I plan to do another shop in a few months. Keep an eye out for the shop link in the next few days, and be sure to follow on Instagram for sneak peeks all through the week!


Comments

  1. Lovely work Lyndsey, and good luck with the shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm Sarah, I visit your blog sometimes and your work is always lovely and inspirational. However, THIS these paintings are exceptionally pretty. I am just starting to figure out sewing and playing around with different types of fabric and so being in that frame of mind I was struck with a thought. These paintings and patterns would be such lovely fabrics. I can just see a beautiful flowy maxi dress made out of that shades of green and gold dots painting or a throw pillow made out of the purple, mint, peach and gold swirl painting. There are websites like spoonflower where you can design your own fabric and put it up for sale.

    I also LOVE what you did with the necklaces. Those are gorgeous!!

    Sarah
    http://lifeatthefosterhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts