smiles and tears.


So many emotions and thoughts are running through my head these days as we plan for Si's arrival in about a month or so. To say I feel blessed is such an understatement. There are countless instances that make me smile as I choke back tears at the same time.

Lots of sweet friends have sent me and Silas adorable presents in the past week or so. Amy of Amy Cornwell Jewelry Designs surprised me with this beautiful necklace! I cried upon opening it -- both because of the generosity of friends and because I'm just so excited about our growing family. Thank you Amy!



This song by Christina Perri makes me choke up every time I hear it, thinking about my baby boy. The chorus says "Every day, I have died waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." When Chris listened to it the first time, he said "It sure feels like we've loved him for that long, huh?"

It sure does. 

Chris and I talk every day about the imminent arrival of our guy. I love hearing the excitement in his voice as we talk about what life will be like on "the other side". Thinking about him holding Si and watching him love on him makes me tear up and my heart swell with pride and love for this man. He's going to be such an amazing papa.



 lindsay





Comments

  1. Sweet necklace! And I look forward to hearing more about the excitement in the coming days, but I definitely look forward to Si's arrival!
    And yes, I think Chris will be an amazing papa, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially have goose bumps in 100 degree weather. This was such a sweet & short post. What a gorgeous necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is such a precious gift! I adore it.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw...this is such a sweet post!
    It seems like you are BOTH going to be amazing parents!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay... you put tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you and so excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you love the necklace! Can't wait to see sweet pics of baby Si! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my best friends walked down the aisle to that song. It even happened right at the time the song sings "one step closer". Such a powerful song.

    Love reading your blog and getting so excited to "meet" your little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be a great wedding song. I love that line too-- makes me think of getting closer and closer to meeting Si!

      Delete
  8. Oh, that necklace is so, so sweet. & I heard that song on Pandora & thought it was lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have never posted a comment on here, but i've been following you for a long time. on here and Instagram. I had my second little dude coming up on a year here soon (Aug 3) so it's been fun re-living some of your pregnancy ups and downs on here. I have to tell you that your devotion to God is beautiful, and the fact that you're not afraid to post it on here too. I also think that you have to be the CUTEST pregnant gal i've ever seen. seriously adorbs. Congrats on your impending delivery! it really does change everything- but in a good way. Good LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather! I'm so glad you said hi - thank you so much for your sweet comment! :) We're excited for the change but can't even wrap our minds around what it will be like!

      Delete
  10. i remember the feeling of being so excited to finally see that sweet face! it only gets better and better. seriously, being a mom has changed my world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet necklace - and i LOVE that song! it's one of my faves. so excited for your family of three, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that song and the necklace too. my husband sings that song to our little boy all the time. i am so excited for you. at times you are going to wonder if your heart can even hold all the love you have for your little boy...sometimes i literally think my heart is a about burst. :)

    happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) This makes me smile-- love that your husband sings it to your little guy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts