lay your burdens down.



Last night, I lay awake in bed for two hours, feeling the heavy weight of the world pressing down on my chest.

 Friends going through unspeakable traumatic situations.

My oldest having a "fire drill" at school to "practice hiding from strangers".

Fellow mothers that have lost little ones too soon.

Family members hurting.

A big move for our family looming ahead.

I spent some time praying for each of my kiddos as I tried to fall asleep, and I couldn't keep my mind from spinning with worry, as I thought about their lives stretching in front of them, wondering what their days hold.

And then, like a rush of cool air, I remembered a passage of Scripture that a friend shared yesterday at our mom's group.

Psalm 29:10-11

"The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;

the Lord sits enthroned, KING FOREVER.

The Lord gives his people strength;

the Lord blesses his people with peace."

He's on the throne. He's King Forever, and He's with us through trials, big and small. He's holding the world in His hands, so there's no need for us to let the weight of the world crush us. Yes, let us mourn with those who mourn. Let us allow our hearts to be burdened for others. Let's allow that burden to spur us into action, when needed.

But instead of letting the burdens of this life suffocate us, let's lay those burdens down at the feet of the One who holds it all. Maybe it's a Mom thing, maybe it's a woman thing, maybe it's just a personality thing-- to worry, and fret and carry things that are too heavy for us to bear.

Can we just lay it down, friends? Can we lay down our burdens and remember that He's enthroned over the floods and fires of this world, and nothing can change that?

There's this tee from my friend's boutique, Oh Sweet Joy, that says " Warrior, not Worrier". I love it. Let's be warriors of prayer, warriors for those who can't speak, warriors bringing good words. But let's allow Him to give us strength and bless us with peace, and find rest in Him.


" Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

Matthew 11:28





Comments

  1. Hello there, I found out about your blog by means of Google while searching for a similar subject, your site came up, it appears good. Good job on your writeup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts