watermelon.







 I couldn't resist snapping some shots of their drippy, sticky, happy (and still a bit sleepy) faces as they gobbled up almost the whole bowl after nap time a few weeks ago. I took almost the same exact pictures of a much tinier Silas two years ago and posted them in this post here.

Motherhood has been such a strange mix of intense emotions lately-- one day I'm battling screaming children, swearing never to birth another child again, the next day (or more likely, the next moment) I'm smooching cheeks and thinking how I'd like about three or four more sets of chubby cheeks in this family. One moment, I'm feeling completely defeated, sitting on the floor of the hallway and trying my best not to scream obscenities in my almost three year old's direction, and the next, I'm watching my tiny girl crawling around for the first time, and Silas counting on his fingers, squealing in delight, and I think about how motherhood is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Nothing and no one has ever made me feel so absurdly crazy in my life. I think this is what they call "in the trenches", and I'm doing my very best to soak up the good moments and let the bad ones roll off my back. And praying for more sleep... lots more sleep.

Comments

  1. I remember the other pic of Silas!.. :-) hmmm, time for another babe??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts