Carded.

Since the weekend Chris left, I have opened my mailbox almost every day to a bright colored envelope with my mom's loopy handwriting on it. I love the comfort it brings me to see her distinct, familiar handwriting and knowing inside the envelope is a hug, a cheerful word and a Bible verse from the most influential woman in my life.


If you've ever met my mom, you know what a beautiful person she is. If you are looking for her, you can probably find her in one of several places--the kitchen, the garden, a wrestling room or the Pregnancy Clinic. 
She's the first person I call when I'm standing in the grocery store wondering, "What's the difference between chicken stock and chicken broth??" One of the first thoughts I had when I got to Hawaii and saw all the flowering plumeria trees was "Wow, Mom will love this place." She knows more about the wrestling world (and loves it!) more than any woman really should. And she did such an amazing job raising 7 of us crazy kids that I want to be just like her when I grow up. 

Thanks Mama, you're the best!


Comments

Popular Posts