more colored tights and other reasons to smile through weary eyes.



button down:: target
belt:: target
jeans:: american eagle
tights:: target




Can I be real? I'm tired, you guys. Being a mama and being 'on' 24/7 is so tiring, and especially so when your little one decides he doesn't need much sleep at all. You better believe I'm counting down the days until Chris comes home (14, in case you are wondering!). I have a daydream of running into his arms while holding Si and sharing a sweet reunion, then tossing the baby to him and jumping into bed to sleep for days. I'm sure Chris' daydream looks a little different. ;)

You know what makes me smile through the bleary eyes? 

Welcoming a new niece into the world last week (and getting to hold her tiny little self) and a new nephew last night! We've got two more cousins for Silas on the way this spring/summer. I love this big, baby-crazy family of mine. 

My parents have been life savers during this mini-deployment. Just last night they took Silas' first feedings and sent me downstairs to sleep. I never thought 5 hours of sleep would feel like 10. 

We fly back down to sunny Florida soon and honestly, I never thought I'd be so excited to get back there. I'm sick of cold winter weather and really looking forward to being with my little family again. 

Also, silly little things like colored tights that are on clearance at Target for $2.50 can be definite day brighteners. (You might say they are my new style obsession.) And wearing them with colorful flats like my Blowfish Paj flats makes dreary days less so. 

I hope you can find reasons to smile through tired, weary eyes today. I think this is one of my favorite times of year, because with sunny spring and the rejoicing of Easter right around the corner, hope is almost tangible in the air. 



Comments

  1. I love your colored tights! And seriously, I hope these next two weeks of waiting for your husband to come home go by quickly and smoothly. I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the cutest Lindsay... I wish I was there, you could totally dump Si in my arms... I'd take him for a few hours for you to rest up... but alas, it makes Chris' return THAT much sweeter. When J graduated from his 6 month school this summer, I handed him Charlotte, and definitely slept for a long time... he LOVED that special time with her. I'm sure Chris will understand your much needed break. :) love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, wish you could come visit too! :) And yes, Chris is definitely looking forward to hanging out with Si lots and lots. He's changed so much since Chris left!

      Delete
  3. That's a great outfit! I understand the sleepiness... my daughter is 14 months and still doesn't sleep well. I like to say I'm used to it. I probably am. The last couple nights she only woke up once around 3am, which was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, only one wakeup a night is great! That's awesome!

      Delete
  4. Well sleep deprived or not you look great! I'm loving your hair this length. Also, I love getting tights at Target for $2.50... even if I don't need them I HAVE to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is definitely one of my favorite haircuts in a long time. And YES, I totally am right there with you on having to snag tights without even needing them. Those colors just call to me... ;)

      Delete
  5. Love that you're finding things to smile and be joyful about through this tired season, it's so inspiring! You look beautiful too! And you're right, Easter being right around the corner gives such a hopeful vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for you to get your package in the mail. It should be there any day now! Eek! Hopefully it brightens your day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I please come to Florida with you, this snow is AWFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand needing to relish in the small things of life. Waiting for this baby to come has been great practice ;) I love your tights -- so fun! Wishing you a happy day... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh, I remember those waiting days. So tough, but you've got a whole new world waiting for you on the other side!

      Delete
  9. Super cute outfit! I love the tights. I'll have to go search some out. I just bought some at Kohl's but they were not priced that well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought those colored tights for $2.50 just yesterday at target! and the funny thing is, I was like "what can i wear these with? can i pull them off?!" and i thought of you and i was like "YES! BUY THEM!" haha so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! He's coming home soon!! :) I need to shop target more.. Like daily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts