on blog sponsorship and switching things up a bit.


Ok, gonna talk about blog sponsorship here for a bit. I know it doesn't apply to everyone, so if this isn't your cup of tea, I'll be back later this week with an outfit post and sushi tutorial/recipe! 

So...

It's the last few days of the month and this is what that usually means for me:

Bunches of emails back and forth with potential and potentially returning sponsors. 

Sponsor shout-outs on Twitter and Facebook. 

Paypal invoice sending. 

Awaiting Paypal payment.

Ad re-sizing and importing into Blogger. 

And if you're anything like me, you're horribly disorganized (I know I'm not the only one!) and keeping track of sponsorship can be stressful at times. At times, I've thought about just giving it up, but I really do love the opportunity I have to partner with small businesses through sponsorship.

I decided weeks ago that my "word for the year" would be 'intentional'. And part of that is being intentional with how I spend my time and how I prioritize my tasks. 



So, I finally made the switch to PassionFruit Ads

Here's what I'm excited about. 

Easy-peasy for both of us. Pay for an ad spot on my sponsor page and once it's approved by me, it magically appears on the sidebar. 

Rotating ads. I love that the sidebar ads shuffle with each pageview. Optimum views for sponsors, and readers don't overlook ads they've seen at the top for weeks. 

Stats record the clicks that each ad gets. 

Ads start at any time of the month, so my readers get to scope out fresh shops and blogs throughout the month! 

So, here goes. I honestly was pretty opposed to it at first. I like having direct contact with my sponsors, but just because it's easier for someone to purchase an ad doesn't mean I'm out of the picture. In fact, it leaves more time for me to get to know my sponsors, plan awesome blog posts and snuggle my boys.

If you wanna check out PassionFruit Ads, go here.

And if you're interested in sponsoring Hello Hue go here.

And if you're just looking for pretty photos, go here or here. (And now after going through my old Hawaii pictures for those links, I'm missing it like crazy.)





Comments

  1. i have been thinking for awhile about if i should join passionfruit or not! you have to let me know what you think of it!! and silas is stinking adorable!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Girl I am so excited that you made the switch! You are going to love the time it saves you and just like you said; you still get to be involved with your sponsors...maybe even more so now.
    I'm really happy for you and I know it's a big step but it's much easier in the long run.
    Ps. Can't wait to see my ad in your sidebar the next few months! Working on your goodies now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ease of PF ads as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love PF ads, they make it so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. - any tips for how NOT to go crazy while counting down the last days until a baby gets here? I hit 39 weeks today, and I'm going out of my ever-loving mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how funny - my word(s) of the year are "Be Intentional". You know what they say about "great minds"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts