day in the life.


The other day, I attempted a photo-an-hour challenge, but failed. And at the same time, felt like my life was pretty boring to share on the internet. Lots of diaper changes and spit-up. But after your encouragement last week, I felt like I mattered a little bit more (thank you for that), and so decided to give it a go again. Except this time, I was more lenient on the photo-every-hour thing and just decided to document my day best as I could. 

I'm always interested in seeing what other people's lives are like, so for the record, here's what life looks like these days around these parts. Boring or not, it's our life and I find myself endlessly grateful for it. 

7 am. 

Si wakes up for his last feeding of the night, which is my very favorite. I bring him in our bed each morning for his breakfast and some sleepy cuddling. Best part of the day, I think. 



8am.

While he chills in his swing, I grab a quick breakfast and try to get some emails answered. He's usually pretty chipper in the mornings. 


 9am.

Tummy time for this dude, while I do some ab workouts. We usually play on the floor for a while in the mornings. He loves looking at his fishie book and talking to the ceiling. Not a big fan of tummy time though. 


10am.

We head into the studio, which gets great light in the mornings. I've just started to dabble in creating art again and I'm loving it. For now, just playing with my sketchbook and colored pencils, but I'll break out the paints again soon. 



11am. 

Diaper change #6 of the day. And outfit change #3. Si spits up like crazy these days. I usually change my outfit a few times a day and by mid-day, he's usually half naked. 




12pm.

Daddy's home! This isn't very typical, but today he got home early and we were all pretty stoked about it. After a few years with a tough schedule, I'm thankful for these past few months of a relatively easy one. 



1pm.

Lunch. We were craving some fast food so I got BK and Chris picked up some Taco Bell. You've gotta try their apple and cranberry salad with crispy chicken and apple vinaigrette dressing. Delish.


2-4pm. 

Chris' dive class bought this giant beach ball as their graduation gift and we went to the beach to play with it for a bit. Well, the boys played with it, while I soaked up some sun and Si hung out in his beach tent. 



6pm. 

A quick dinner tonight since Chris' parents are flying in for the week. Linguine alfredo with chicken and asparagus. Oh, and a Coke, because goodness knows I need the caffeine right now. 



7pm. 

Chris' parents called and are coming in a few hours earlier than we thought. Chris took Silas with him to the airport and this mama is enjoying an hour to myself. I keep hearing phantom baby cries, but otherwise, I'm sitting on my bum with my pens and pencils and enjoying the quiet. And I'm leaving a table of dirty dishes, because it's not often I get a whole hour to myself. 



Tonight, we'll visit with Chris' parents, put Si to bed around 9pm and head there ourselves. And then we'll do it all over again tomorrow. 




Comments

  1. I miss these days when mine were this little. Although they were sometimes hectic and never consistent, those were some of my favorite moments! Crazy how they grow up so fast, even when they are still so small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to a song by Christina Perri called Arms on Pandora as I read this, and it made me tear up. :) Precious, though seemingly monotonous at times, is this time with your little guy. He is doing tummy so well! Great tour through the day! The beach ball is insanely huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day to me! Your photos are beautiful. I always have a hard time sharing "ordinary" time things on my blog because I don't imagine that my life can be that interesting either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take such gorgeous pictures! And your little man is so handsome. You're living the dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silas is one handsome boy and I enjoyed reading the routine of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I've been wanting to try this documenting the day thing, but I always get distracted and forget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay! Hi! I so owe you an email and I apologize! Congratulations on your little one. He looks so precious! I wanted to leave you a comment on your last post concerning post-baby-life. But when I read today's post, I knew I needed to leave you a note. I probably should email you because I'm about to write you a book, ha! I just want to encourage you to find a good chiropractor in your area for Si. I know. It sounds crazy. But here is why: I have two little boys-- see my blog-- I post way too many pictures of them :) -- but anywho, BOTH of my sweet boys were major, major spitter uppers. We are talking 25-35 spit ups a day. . .many outfit changes, huge ginormous burp cloths around their neck, lots of stares from people when they would spit up in public, yada, yada, yada. Recently, my little family was in an auto accident and we took the boys to the chiropractor to get checked out-- it was a pretty intense accident and our car was totaled, so we definitely wanted to make sure that they were okay. I had heard rumors that chiropractic help was instrumental with spitting up babies, but had kind of pushed it to the back of my mind. But, when the accident happened, I found myself asking our newly-found chiropractor lots of questions. And I received a TON of answers. And also, A CURE! My little Jobie stopped spitting up entirely after about 6 sessions. Absolutely amazing and such an answer to prayer for this tired mama. ( Talk about sad and depressed-- I felt like I stunk, my carpet stunk, my babies stunk, all. the. time.!) Long story short, I was informed that many times, c-section babies, because of the way they are taken out of the womb by the neck, a few ligaments can be jostled out of place, affecting swallowing etc. Also, combined sometimes with the way the baby grows inside, it can cause huge spit up situations.

    I am sorry for the longest comment of all time-- I just wanted to share this huge answer to prayer for us and I hope that it might be for you too. I didn't realize what a huge frustration the spit up issue was for me. Thankfully, it didn't bother my little one at all-- he would spit up and smile at the same time, but boy am I so thankful to have that issue resolved.

    Hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to see a little peek of your day! Your little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My days are looking pretty similar! (minus the sun at the beach!) Has Si always been a big spitup guy? My little gal just started spitting up pretty bad (she's 7 weeks)...I'm hoping it's just a phase?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photo series are always such a hit in my book. People love looking into your life, and since it looks so similar to so many of your readers' lives, it doesn't look that boring at all!

    I showed my 1.5-year-old daughter that picture of your husband's giant beach ball and she went crazy. She'd like one of her own, please.

    http://makingroomwithus.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed looking through these photos and getting a small idea of how your every day is. =) Your little one is amazing! Getting so big. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed looking at a day for you. Like you said, looking into other people's lives is interesting. Also neat for me to see since I don't have kiddos yet and I'm always amazed by mama bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son was also a crazy puker. He would projectile vomit.. and we had him checked out int he ER to rule out anything serious. Turns out he was fine, just messy! We went through so many clothes... one day, we went to church, and by the time we got there, he had already gone through the THREE changes of clothes that I brought and he puked all over me and my back up outfit before the sermon even started so we had to turn around and head home! I so empathize. Thankfully, my second child only spit up like 5 times in her whole life. Totally different!!!

    Anyway, I'm an IBCLC (lactation consultant) and I recently found out that about 40% of reflux cases are caused by a cow's milk protein allergy. Maybe it would be worth it to try and cut dairy out of your system for a couple of weeks and see if that helps Silas? (the protein from dairy in your diet goes through breast milk.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that at 3pm, we could have squeezed in a coffee date ;) One day I will live near, and will get to steal some of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. at 3pm, wish we could have had a "coffee date" together, for an afternoon "pick me up" :) One day I'll get to steal some of your time again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is a great post and looks like a great day too!
    of all the questions I could have.....where do you keep that enormous beach ball!!!!!?????

    Si is getting cuter by the posts haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kid is too freakin cute! I swear. Y'all did good :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds about right! It'll get more hectic when that baby starts moving. But it's always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love getting this glimpse into your life an I am SO happy that you're getting back into your art; I'm sure it's hard but it's also a love of yours. I'm happy you're doing things you love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that was really nice! :) My baby was such a spitter! He would spit up all night and then all day, and then I would have to change him a gazillion times, and, honestly, I smelled like spit up, ALL THE TIME. It wasn't just my clothes but on my skin, and chest, and hair, and everywhere. I was so overwhelmed! So I hear the spitting up stress! It's really hard! I don't think people realize it unless they are directly dealing with it! Oh, not to mention the stress of thinking people don't want to hold your baby because he will puke on them. Geh.... :) Good luck! You're a champ! Motherhood is so great! But so hard! But still so awesome! It's hard for me to know which feeling to process! :) Usually the awesomeness wins! Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you going to start up the "It's the Little Things" again soon! I love that post and I was looking forward to participating in it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE Gungor and that songs is an all time fave right now! Love it. I also love hearing about your day as a momma who isn't having any more babies, but has some pretty severe baby fever. I can live through these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What is Si looking at during tummy time? I think I need it for Baby E!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BK & Wendy's salads have saved my life SO many times! With all of the moving we've done (which I am sure you understand) I had to find peace amongst the fast food runs...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Are you going to be selling that as a print in your shop?! I love it! And your breakfast looks yum-o!

    ReplyDelete
  26. a little 'day in the life.' :) I like! you family is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts