a recipe for you:: fire lime shrimp tacos!

 This is not a food blog. But sometimes Chris and I make up (or come across) a recipe so delicious, I feel like it would be a blogging crime to keep it from you guys. We have so much fun cooking in the kitchen, it's seriously one of our favorite ways to spend time together.

Lately we've been obsessed (oooobsessed) with shrimp tacos. We created this recipe from lots of different recipes we found on the web and we call it fire lime shrimp tacos. The way we cook-- we don't really use measurements-- we just throw things in to taste. So, I don't have measurements here for you. It all depends on how much spice, etc. you want. I think that's part of the fun-- making it your own! 




Ingredients:: 

shrimp marinade:: 
shrimp:: we use frozen/peeled/deveined shrimp.
olive oil:: just enough to coat the shrimp!
cayenne:: the more you add, the spicier the shrimp will be!
cumin
1-2 minced garlic cloves

lime-cilantro sourcream::
sour cream
lime juice
chopped cilantro
cumin
chopped jalapeño (optional)
salt to taste

garnish:: 
chopped purple cabbage
lime slices
cilantro
tortillas:: flour or corn, whichever you prefer! We like to use the small size.

Make it:

1. Thaw frozen shrimp. We use a bowl of warm water and a tightly sealed plastic bag.

2. Coat thawed shrimp in marinade and place in fridge for at least 20 minutes.

3. Combine ingredients for sour cream and set aside.

4. Cook the shrimp on medium-high-- not for long! If they are cooked already, you only need to heat them for about one minute. If raw, cook for about 3 minutes, just until they're no longer translucent. Cut off the tails.

5. Serve on warm tortillas with lime-cilantro sour cream, chopped purple cabbage, cilantro and lime juice. A nice cold Corona with lime goes perfectly with these babies.

Usually when we have these for dinner, there's no conversation, just some "Mmm"s and "Oh, so good"s and munching going on. The flavors are divine-- the spiciness of the shrimp paired with the creamy tang of the sour cream and the crunch of the purple cabbage.



I'd love to hear what you think if you make these! Got any meals you're obsessed with lately??



lindsay

Comments

  1. These look yummy!! Can not wait to try!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... These look delicious (and photograph beautifully)! I can't wait to try this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that. looks. delicious. I just went grocery shopping today and want to go back to the store to pick up some shrimp!

    my current obsession is toast, smothered in nutella with sliced strawberries on top :)

    also these muffiny cupcakes:
    http://fifteenevergreen.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-brown-sugar-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. that. looks. delicious. I just went grocery shopping today and want to go back to the store to pick up some shrimp!

    my current obsession is toast, smothered in nutella with sliced strawberries on top :)

    also these muffiny cupcakes:
    http://fifteenevergreen.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-brown-sugar-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look DELISH!!! You always make such fun foods! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a shrimp fan but I looove lime and cilantro! Great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't eat seafood (well, I will eat fried shrimp, but that's it) but these looks AMAZING!! They're so pretty - they make me want to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! And i think the great photos help make them look even more irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm craving these now!
    I love shrimp tacos! YUUUUUUM! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look amazing! :) I want to try this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always looking for new seafood recipes and this looks amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! Thanks for sharing! One of my favorite things in the whole world is shrimp tacos! I heart the zestiness mixed with cilantro! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yumm!!! i would love to try those! thanks for sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious! I'm going to try this some day! Yum! :)

    //Niina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts