aloha style: oops, I did it again.


blouse:: { forever21}
belt:: forever21}
skirt (actually a dress!):: {navy exchange, o'neill}
(see it as a dress here)
bracelet:: {aloha swap meet}
sandals:: {target}
nail polish:: {hot and spicy by OPI}

Yeah, I did it again. That's actually a dress, not a skirt. I know, this is becoming quite a habit-- me turning dresses into skirts. But it seriously opens up possibilities in my wardrobe that I'd never thought of before! 

A bunch of you have asked how I wear my dresses as skirts and tops. I'm happy to share my "secrets" with you! Come back later today for a tutorial on making the most out of your wardrobe by using your dresses as skirts and tops! 

And if I look kind of awkward in my pictures today... it's because I am. Just as Chris and I were about to take some photos in the perfect spot on the normally deserted path, three little girls came zoooooming up on their bikes, loudly yelling,

Excuse me! ExCUSE me!

 They threw their bikes down behind me and went to play by the water right by where we were taking pictures. So, we moved over a few yards, but I was totally feeling weird at that point. 

Chris got this picture before we moved of me thinking "um, this is awkward. I guess we'll move down the path then..."



See you later today when we talk about making the most of those dresses hanging in your closet!


PS. (It's Wednesday, so of course I'm linking up with lovely Lindsey!) 

PPS. Um, yeah, I used a Britney song as my title. More awkwardness for ya, there. 



lindsay



Comments

  1. Cute outfit! I love that you posted your bracelet from the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfits are always soooo adorable! And I really love that belt! :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that would make me feel totally awkward too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the first photo - and i love that this dress was turned into a skirt. creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your tutorial! I must say I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! Adorable pictures! And I want to know how you're getting 2 for 1 from your dresses ... can't wait for the next post!

    Maegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfit, so light and breezy and oh my god, it's just so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to literally laugh out loud at that perfect "this is awkward" face with the bikes right behind you! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helloooo! Over from the Pleated Poppy. I too am a fan of the dress-to-skirt conversion! I'll definitely be checking back to see all your secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your top + belt!!
    You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you got your top and belt at forever 21! I can NEVER find anything there! I just feel so overwhelmed in that store!

    I really love your outfit! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was inspired by you in an early post when you wore a dress as a skirt. So I tried it today!!

    I also linked up for WIWW.

    Thanks for sharing, I am looking forward to your tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love turning dresses into skirts...I need to do more of it! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. we can be awkward together, mkay? i feel like a dork using self timer and watching the cars go by in my peripheral vision ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol its okay! i was feeling awkward alot before because i had to use self timer alot when i first moved here to take all of my pictures. im so lucky to have someone to do them for me now (well for the most part!)

    sharde @ the style projects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts