Home Sweet Colorful Home.

 I spent Saturday cleaning the house. Which actually turned into me prettifying the house by putting up some of the artwork that has been waiting patiently for frames and starting to piece together our new bedroom!

I started in the kitchen. Chris loves his toaster oven from college. He loves making sandwiches in there and it's been a permanent (*ahem* ugly) fixture on our counter for the past two years. Until Saturday. I never use it and it was taking up space on the counter so it got relegated to the pantry. Bye bye toaster oven!

And in its place, my bike petals print from My Little Buffalo ( a gift from my sweet friend, Ruthanne), a vase of bright and happy spider mums and some pretty towels. Ah, much better.



Next up, my studio! I've been wanting to put together a happy little inspiration wall so I started it on Saturday. 


My Language of Love print from SugarFresh on Etsy, a Valentine's present from my sweet husband. 

Printable from Kim. (Yeah, it's tacked up there. Gotta get a frame.) 

A shadow box filled with a few pieces of scrapbook paper from when I wrote out 100 reasons I love Chris 100 days before our wedding. (yes, I stole it from the gallery wall in our living room. It looks way better in my studio!) 

Aloha 'Olelo painting from Aisle to Aloha Studio. :) 

Two paintbrushes taped to the wall. (I think you can see the tape... classy.) 

A photo of some beautiful bloggy friends who inspire me. They thoughtfully wore colors that coordinated with my studio. 

I'll be changing this around and adding to it as I find more beautiful things that make me happy.



And the final stop in our "ooh, look at the pretty colors in our house" tour is our bedroom. Ooh la la. Remember when I showed you my lil inspiration board for the makeover? 

These shams from Urban Outfitters rock my world. And I just happened to have this little lumbar pillow I bought a year ago from an Etsy shop I can't seem to remember. Perfecto!




I painted this luggage rack the perfect shade of green and I'll be using it to organize my accessories once I can find the perfect tray for on top.


And finally, this gorgeous print from The Wheatfield on Etsy (a birthday present from my mama and papa!) will find its place on the wall. I can't look at it without smiling! Oh the colors! It's a weird size (13x19) and I was bummed that I'd have to maybe buy a custom frame. But I found the perfect frame in our closet after I took these pictures! Yay! 


Have you made any fun changes to your house recently? Gotten any pretty gifts for your home? What colors are making you happy these days?




Comments

  1. Wow! I love your house! The colors, the decorating...everything. You are really good at interior design! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, Lindsay!

    xoxo,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I have a print from The Wheatfield too and didn't think about the weird size until I brought it home and tried to frame it. I just bought a frame that was bigger than it and let there be a "mat" border around it. Cheaper than custom framing! It's sitting in our living room ready to be hung on our inspirational wall. I'm going to hang my painting I won from you on that wall too!

    Oh as for your paintbrushes, wait until you see the cute idea I have for you!! Should be posting it on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors you've added! I've got some home-decorating projects that I've been saving for my summer vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Lindsay these are so cute! Thanks for sharing, definitely going to check out those shops, I love that bicycle print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great!! Love all of your pops of color!! Really pretty! You could probably use some sticky tack to hold those paintbrushes up on your gallery wall instead of tape! I've used it on a few things in my home & it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the colors and patterns in your home!! i need to brighten mine up w/ more etsy stuff and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all!! I have been busy crafting some diy projects to spruce up the house with!! lol. Hurray for Spring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I love color! Looks like you do too :) Such a cheery thing. Love that print of all you girlies too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love those shams! So adorable :) The print from your parents is also fan-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors in your home make me so happy! Everything is adorable. Don't you LOVE the Wheatfield print? I have been dying to buy one, but can't decide on just ONE.
    What a great idea.. the shadow box w/scrap paper. I might be stealing that idea from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colors make me so happy! Or is it the sunlight? Could be both. It's snowing here, again. Womp Womp Womp...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your colors! I especially love the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the colors in this post!! And that bike print is absolutely wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a happy post indeed! The colors are beautiful :)Thanks for sharing your place with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your wall!! And yes, the tape is classy ;) It's a signature accessory on the walls in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I luuuuuuurve those pillows on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the fresh colors! Inspires me to get moving on decorating our place!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your little home is so sweet & bright & cheery. I need to infuse some of that in my house... it feels pretty dreary right now.

    also love that luggage rack! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE it!... you are jsut too cute and your house shows it!

    love the paintbrushes.

    and i can see you are loving yoru new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Aloha 'olelo painting. If I had money I'd get that. One day.

    Love all your colors in your room. So pretty and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I <3 the print from My Little Buffalo and of course Katie Dasie. I need to gift myself one of each :)
    AND the paintbrushes on the wall! So. cute.
    Looks like my kind of space.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great!! I love the bright colors...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! Glad you found a frame! And in your closest after all that. Maybe the perfect tray is lurking around somewhere too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just found your website after seeing the link from snapcracklepop!

    Your blog is beautiful. It's so fresh it feels like diving into the North Sea then knocking back a lime caipirinha! YUM
    :X

    ReplyDelete
  25. you make me want to but my own house and move...and i'm only 15. darn you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts