nursery details.

While Chris was on a business trip in South Africa last week, all I could think about was getting ready for this baby (and okay, maybe a little bit about sleep, and chocolate chip cookies-- which my midwife has banned for the remainder of this pregnancy). The day after he touched down in Boston, we set to work moving Si into his new room (Chris' old office, which got stripped of its' ugly wallpaper and got a new coat of white paint earlier this month). We rolled out new rugs in both their rooms,  moved some furniture around, and built her crib (the same version that Silas has, but in white instead of gray). 

I spent the week before working on little projects for her room, like painting her kraft letter "d" metallic gold, and creating an abstract painting with peaches, pinks, fuchsia and gold. Just yesterday, a package came in the mail with fabrics I'd chosen to make a fabric garland above her crib. I'll be using this tutorial to make it. 

While on a day date in the city yesterday, Chris helped me pick out some sweet knobs from Anthropologie to add a bit of personality to our IKEA Koppang dresser. Even though I've seen a lot of nurseries use the Hemnes dresser, the Koppang was just the right small size for this space-- just enough table top space for a changing pad (once we get one).





There's something that feels almost sacred about creating a nursery for a new little being. I felt it with Si, and it's there again with Delia. I walk in her room, with all the little details still waiting to be pulled together, and the anticipation is palpable. We've had some incredibly cool almost fall-like mornings this week, and sitting in that big gray chair in the corner of her room, with the morning breeze blowing in is a bit heavenly. 


Comments

  1. I LOVE it, Lindsay!! It looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, can we talk about those headbands. Never mind all the OTHER beautiful details. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so beautiful and carefully selected for her room! Where on earth did you get that wonderful gray chair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Chari. I love those headbands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with your nursery decor. So fun to see girly ideas, for this mom of two boys. Excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet nursery! I love the colors you put together! And those headbands are just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts