24 weeks with baby girl.

Chris is back to school today after a month-long break, which means Si and I are on our own once again during the days, and I have a little more time to think about this 'ol blog. It's been so good for me to have a relaxed posting schedule this past month, and honestly, I don't anticipate that changing too much over the rest of the summer. The days are filled with Si-chasing, nap times are for napping or working on custom paintings, and I'm left with only enough energy at night to lift spoonfuls of gelato to my face. And that's ok with me. A slow and sweet summer before this baby girl arrives sounds just about right to me.


Baby girl and I have been together for 24 weeks yesterday. That devil heartburn has started just like last time, and sleeping is getting more difficult. I finally broke out the body pillow last week, and added an extra pillow under my noggin. Exhaustion is my norm, and the heat doesn't help, but we just installed central A/C in the house last week. That'll be a huge improvement over last summer, when the house got up to 90 degrees during some days, and we hid in the mall half the time. 

We got to peek in at her sweet face a few weeks ago, and goodness, she's a cutie. It amazes me that all those bumps and kicks and flutters I'm feeling belong to a little girl with a button nose and tiny little mouth. After our ultrasound, I'm even more impatient to kiss those cheeks and hold her in my arms. 

We're pretty sure we've landed on a first name for her, and once we decide on a middle name, it'll be fun to share with you. I love to hear Si attempt her name, and he says it with the biggest smile on his face. It seems to me that for an almost two year old, he understands pretty well that he's getting a baby sister. He sees pictures of baby girls and will say "baby sister!" and loves to put his hand on my belly. You should see his face when he feels her kick. I can't wait to see this sibling duo together. 

There's a little dude with a onesie duck tail and mismatched socks calling for my attention, so I'm off to sneak in some snuggles while he's occupied with Elmo. Have a great week, friends! 


Comments

  1. What a sweet post! Cheers to your family of 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just think it's so cool we are the same amount of pregnant hehe! with girls too! :)

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts